I suggest  the aquarium heater only to bring the solution up to temp for
starting only.  For me, it would be quicker/easier than moving the tank to
a sink full of hot water and monitoring it.   I would remove the heater
during the process.  With the HVAC process, the temp rises quite a bit
during processing, so to maintain  a fixed temp you would need cooling.
 Not a light-duty task.  A heading pad will probably have a stronger
inductive field than the fish heater anyway.

Considering the amps in a LVDC process, and the length of run, I doubt if
there is much meassurable heating.   I am more concerned with consistency;
i.e. eliminating at least one variable, and having an adequate start
conductivity than maintaining the temperature during the process.  If the
room temp is constant, then the rise from start will be the same---except
for other  tweaky variables.

My 1/2 g. pot is plastic, so I would need to create a double boiler to use
the thing over a flame.  It only takes about 10 minutes if you place the
tank in a sink full of hot water.  The pain is having to watch it so you
don't get it too hot, and then have to cool it.

Thanks for the input.

James Osbourne, Holmes

a...@trail.com