>My 1/2 g. pot is plastic, so I would need to create a double boiler to use
>the thing over a flame.  It only takes about 10 minutes if you place the
>tank in a sink full of hot water.  The pain is having to watch it so you
>don't get it too hot, and then have to cool it.

Yes. The warm water bath is a pain but so is the long cooking
times of my DC setup!  I do want to get into HVAC but I'm getting
my feet wet with DC.    :  )

Your comment above about there being a downside to
heat. . . Do we have any quantification of this?  In other
words. .  . what would happen if I went ahead and kept
the water at boiling or just below?  Is there any
evidence that this hurts or help the CD process?

many thanx!

Steve King