What they were complaining about is that they kind of sucked in info from people's wi-fi setups, not just taking the pictures.

I've been down all sorts of Googled lanes too, and have got to know my childhood area better in Australia than when I was over there, and saved and edited the photos to boot. (But they so often go down a lane and then stop and, presumably, go back with the camera off, instead of going all the way down to the next road!)

I've clambered all around Everest, sniffed the dust in Babylon, stared slack jawed at Pompeii, searched minesites and cattle stations in Queensland, and next week I think I might Google-tour Jane's hillside retreat!

And a couple of months ago when Google cameras came down our road again, I gave them a wave, so watch out for me!