My own experiences with shingles makes me believe that B complex vitamins might
help with the nerve healing as I have had zero after pain although the scars
from all the blisters are still very evidentten years later.  I took a good B
complex twice daily during and for a long time after the initial horrible bout
with shingles.  EIS/CS as not was available with either bout so I have no
experience there.  The second time I caught it much sooner at the pain and
tingles stage with Oreganol brand oregano oil orally every hour.  It stopped
the
all the pain and progression of the tingling less than a day.  Since I did not
break out that second time I did not need to use oregano oil locally on the
skin.  Now that this forum had educated me, I would definately use frequent
dosing of EIS/CS for anything pathogenic that tries to take up residence as a
front line choice.