From: Marshall Dudley [mailto:mdud...@king-cart.com]
Sent: Friday, August 20, 2010 10:51 AM
To: silver-list@eskimo.com <silver-list@eskimo.com>
Subject: EXTERNAL:Re: CS>pederson's silver

Adding hydrogen peroxide to CS is something we have been doing for a
long time.  It does increase the effectiveness, but not by preoxidizing.
They got the chemistry all wrong.  You cannot preoxidize the silver on
the particles and expect it to stay there. It has a solubility of around
13 ppm (26 when you consider it changes back and forth between silver
hydroxide), and will thus immediately dissolve off, making plain old
ionic silver.  But H2O2 is not just an oxidizer, it is a redux agent,
and not only converts the particles to silver oxide, but the silver
oxide/hydroxide back to two atom colloidal particles. That is why it
increases effectiveness, it breaks the colloidal particles down to the
smallest possible units.  We have known this for years here.

Marshall