You may want to investigate the treatments that Dr Dietrich Klinghardt uses for chronic Lyme patients. He is also a chronic lyme patient himself. He is brilliant and at the forefront of treating the whole person as well as being forward thinking in his methods. He gets mostly the toughest cases and is highly thought of in the Lyme Disease world. He is in the Seattle area, but works with LLMD all over the country and trains doctors in his methods.

There is a disorder called Pyrroluria that he finds in some 80% of those with LD which is treated with Vitamins and Minerals. I recently started a list on this disorder so rather than take up space here I will give you the list address. You can check out Dr K's folder in the links section or just search on Dr K to find out more about his approach to treating Lyme. There may be a connection between Pyrroluria and the immune system challenges of many degnerative diseases. Please see the list description for more information. http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/Pyrroluria

Scott Forsgren is a Lyme patient of Dr K and has written extensively on his experience. You may want to write to Scott personally, I think he might have a lot to share with you. Here is a recent article he wrote on Pyrroluria: Kryptopyrroluria (aka Hemopyrrollactamuria): A Major Piece of the Puzzle in Overcoming Chronic Lyme Disea Public Health Alert, May 2010, Vol 5 Issue 5
http://www.publichealthalert.org/pdf/2010_05.pdf

Dr Klinghardt's Power Point ~ Lyme In Autism 2009 Conference. Excellent and fairly quick read.
This is the Power Point that he used in his presentation (video link below)
http://web.mac.com/thriiive/Summit5/Protocol_files/KPU%2009.ppt

This is an excellent video although I had trouble with it yesterday so it may not play all the way through for you. Dr K talks about Lyme, Pyrroluria and Autism. Treatment and detox are major topics.

Dietritch Klinghardt, M.D.’s Presentation on HPU, Lyme Disease and Autism
LIA Foundation’s 2009 Annual Conference
http://planetthrive.com/2010/04/hpukpu-protocol-for-lyme-and-autism/

Hope you find some useful information in these links,

Janet

David AuBuchon wrote:
Hi All,

I'm new to this list. I've been following every CS group on yahoo, but they all seem pretty dead! This one looks like the goldmine I've been looking for!

I'm here to learn about all sorts of innumerable details of CS. I am not "in the biz", but have not ruled out the possibility that some day I might be. Hence I want to learn, learn, learn.

I have Lyme, bartonella, babesia, mycoplasma, candida, and I don't know what else. A regular swamp. I believe Lyme is minimal now and candida is essentially a non issue now. Bartonella I think is the main enemy by far right now. I have been sick since age 16, and just kind of lived with it until age 22. I couldn't live with it anymore. It was do or die. In what I now think was truly a race for my life, I finally got diagnosed with Lyme at age 23. Somehow I finished grad school. I am now 25, and too sick to work. I have a B.S. and M.S. in industrial engineering from a top university.

I've done all sorts of crazy therapies. The ones that have helped the most for my particular case:

1. Coconut oil absolutely ransacked candida where as nystatin and diflucan had no apparent effect at all.

2. Doug coil rife machine herxed and improved on Lyme frequencies and eventually stopped being effective. Presumably because the other infections are the bad guys left.

3. Homemade ionic silver. Sometimes as much as 32 oz a day. Somewhat regularly for a few months. Then it stopped being effective orally. If I don't take it for 4 or 5 days, I feel some bugs "edging up". I take CS, then it knocks that feeling out for 4 or 5 days. I think I might slowly head backwards if I did not keep doing this with the CS.

In general, I tend not to respond to treatments. I am the guy who wishes he could get something to make him herx, but just can't.

The latest development in my treatment:

IV silver nitrate

I have had two treatments so far. First one have me a herx that was almost literally identical to flu. Fever, chills, weakness, etc. I have never in my life had a herx that felt like the immune system was actually doing its job! The second treatment was lower dose cuz I was scared after the first treatment. No flu symptoms but more "usual" herx symptoms (fatigue, depression, brain fog). Round three is this friday!

~David

p.s. to reply to messages, do I just click "reply" to it when I get messages in my gmail inbox? I subscribed to the digest.