I've been using zinc oxide (Desitin) for years now as my only deodorant. I
can't tell any kind of excess zinc uptake symptoms from it and I actually
take supplemental zinc from time to time to help heal various sprains and
such.

Now I DO have a problems with tingling mild numbness in both left hand and
left foot but both are old problems from old injuries and drinking enough
water helps both; they both come back to full feeling most of the time.

The hand goes numb when I sleep, it's from a neck injury and the feeling
comes back with water and movement. The foot goes numb from too much walking
especially in certain shoes, it's a hip injury and the feeling comes back
with rest.

Nope, don't think zinc is causing it.

BTW, in winter sometimes I can skip a day of underarm Desitin or maybe even
two days if it's cold enough and I don't sweat. The action lasts that long
even with daily washing so long as I don't over-scrub the underarms.

I used to have a terrible, awful problem with underarm odor. I used to have
to trim my underarm hair every month all year round. With my first taking of
ionic silver back in 2000, that was fixed, and from then on it was just
regular common daily bacterial underarm odor that I had to deal with. After
that I was able to control it with Mennen Speed Stick deodorant only, not
anti-per spirant.

And then I tried many alternatives to save money and stop filling up the
landfill with plastic. Zinc oxide in any form is cheap cheap cheap as a
deodorant. One tube lasts many months. My next trick will be to get a pound
of the powder and make my own with some mild oil or petrolatum.

Only one downer I've found- Zinc Oxide mixed with sweat on certain manmade
fiber shirts can actually make an odor that mimics bacterial underarm odor.
It's not bad, it leaves as soon as it dries, and it's on the fabric, not the
skin.

DaddyBob