Mary, although it is called Magnesium Oil, it is not really an oil, just a very, very thick liquid. Like a very, very strong brine. You could dilute it, I suppose, with good water, but then of course you would not be getting as much - you might just as well use less. The makers sometimes make it less dense for practitioners to be able to give their patients samples. Otherwise, they might make it as strong as they possibly can, until there is no way any more of the flakes will dissolve.
You can also make your own with Nigari flakes.
Rowena