Hi,
Yes there is lots of "information" out there.  The silvergen designed
and made by Trem and the silverpuppy designed and made by Ode Coyote are
generally agreed by long-time CS list members to be two of the very best
available, and they're priced reasonably.

Just for ducks, here's some terminology:  EIS is the acromyn for
Electrically Isolated Silver, a term invented by "Ole Bob" a long-time
silver list member and experimenter, to distinguish it from some other
ways of making finely divided silver, like powdered silver which is a
much coarser form of particle than what is produced by the LVDC or HVDC
(Low Voltage Direct Current or High Voltage Direct Current) methods.

Another supposed method for making a silver "sol" is chemical, but these
usually introduce other matter into the finished product which range
from an interference to absorbtion to - rarely - a poison such as silver
nitrate.

A colloid is a colloid is a colloid; that means the particles, whether
they are ions or not, are so small that they won't be able to settle out
of the water they're contained in.  The reason they can't is that
Brownian motion - you should look it up - keeps the particles jiggling
and bumping about so they can't.  If you've ever watched the little
particles of dust in a beam of sunshine jiggling and bumping around
you've seen Brownian motion in action.

An ion may be as small as a molecule of an element, or a thousand
molecules of that element stuck together, or even a compound of two or a
few elements.  What makes "it" an ion is that it has an electric charge;
for a metal like Silver or Sodium or Calcium the charge is usually
"positive" meaning that particle has lost an electron or so and "wants"
it back so it can be neutral in charge; meanwhile, it's an ion.  Our
whole bodily chemistry depends on jillions upon jillions of ionic
chemical exchanges where some element or compound swaps electrons with
some other, then goes somewhere else within us and swaps electrons with
some other; again, and again, and again, and . . . . . . . . .

Color is another confusion factor.  Generally clear is best, slight
yellow tinge is fine; no harm.  Muddy or red, skip it.

Arguments about whether the ionic or particulate form is really the most
effective form are usually not worth your time, since any home-made
Colloidal Silver will contain both.  Any supposed distinction between
"silverwater" and colloidal silver is semantic gobbledegook; avoid it
and it's practitioners.

As for making your own generator; did you ever build an electronics kit?
They're not too hard to do, usually, but you need some good skills like
soldering, electronic parts color coding and other distinguishing marks
and characteristicsknowledge, some little tools like a good soldering
iron, small diagonal cutters, long-nose pliers, blade and philips
screwdrivers, some insulated wire, a little of this, a little of
that . . . .  I don't know of any "kit" put out for making a CS
generator and so containing all the many itty-bitty parts and a circuit
board to mount them on, and instructions for how to do it.

Beginning to feel like you've just opened Pandora's Box??  Sorry, but
there's so much snow-job hype out there just because CS aka EIS does
work for many and it's become the new "Snake Oil".  But there's no doubt
that any you make yourself from Trem's or Ode's devices will beat almost
any "magic silver fairy dust solution" you buy, hands down!  And
overall, tons cheaper in the long run.

HTH,
Malcolm