The ionic portion is totally responsible for turning damaged cells into stem cells to allow better and scar free healing. As far as the killing of pathogens, I am not sure. I believe that ionic is better against some and colloidal is better against others. But as far as I know, no one has run the experiments to determine that, and which pathogens are more susceptible to which.

Marshall