I hate to tell anyone this because it is usually disregarded but
"they" can gain access to anyones computer any time they wish and have
no doubt already done so.
They do not need to make up stories like this.
My husband used to work both for Apple and IBM when tehy were
settingup all the protocols on the initatial programs that everything
now piggy-backs on.
It looks like Swiss cheese in those back doors.
We have already been taken over, get over it.
We just have to learn how to effectively deal with them.