Sol,

The quest for storing good info in a way one can retrieve it is ongoing for
sure.

I do what you do with a few exceptions.  There are a few yahoo groups that
I get digest. When I download them into thunderbird, I skim the digest. If
it has info I want I immediately hit Reply and edit the message at that
moment, deleting the extra context and the thank-you--etc messages that
don't lend themselves to history. I change the title to something that
makes sense to me, usually I add the word Edited, and put one of my other
e-addys in the TO field. And I delete that original digest. It takes a
minute but I find I have files on...in my case...Lipo C...that I find
useful rather than all extra stuff I don't care about that's on the list.

The downside for digests for me is that I don't participate in the list
much.

BTW I use a lot of (free) Gmail addresses for health info (and tax info--my
income interest)  because it stores it out there until I delete it and it's
much easier to search than on the yahoogroups pages where the list posts
are also stored. I know there are some downsides to google but the tradeoff
for me in having a good library is worth it.

This post is one I'd delete in a "reply edited digest" .  Of course, that's
also the case with the entire thread, lol.

I'm so grateful for the silverlist archives.  Thank you--Mike.

Saralou