Reversing polarity of the electrodes while making CS is an effective and widely used method of decreasing buildup of silver and oxides of silver on the electrodes. I have made thousands of gallons of CS, and I reverse every minute, on a two minute cycle. Reversing eliminates the dark oxides because the electrode which forms the oxide is exposed to monoatomic hydrogen during the next half cycle, and the hydrogen immediately reacts with the oxide reducing the silver oxide to silver. Also any silver powder that accumulates on an electrode, either by reduction of silver oxide, or by deposition of silver from the solution, goes back out on the next half cycle as well. The result is electrodes which stay amazingly clean and never need to be cleaned. I can typically make several thousand gallons of CS on a set of electrodes and have never ever had to clean them.

Also I have never witnessed any silver oxide coming loose due to polarity switching. If any were to come loose it would be from the stirring of the water, not a polarity switch.

Marshall