Gary
  Is It just under the rib cage? Right side is Liver which could be damaged
from drinking and the left side would be the spleen.  I had both when I was
a truck driver and it was so severe I could hardly shift the gears. That
was before I found out I had Lyme disease, once I stopped the Lyme with CS
the problem very slowly went away.
Dave