PT Ferrance wrote:
Hi Lena,
The method you describe is only one method for dealing with these knots. Some teachers suggest a gentle pumping of the point is better than going so hard into it. You might want to give it a try and see how it works for you.
The gentle technique, which my physical therapist used on me and taught my husband to do worked much better than the hard pressure technique. And without pain. For me the hard pressure just put me into a great deal of extra pain, and it made the trigger points tighten up worse afterwards. They never did release that way.
sol