From:   Marshall Dudley [SMTP:mdud...@execonn.com]
Sent:   Wednesday, October 13, 1999 9:00 AM
To:     silver-list@eskimo.com
Subject:        Re: CS>Graph comparison: ppm & conductivity.

He said he was trying to use their digestall, which didn't work worth a
darn.  I had been
warned of that before and used the standard manual digestion method.  He
said that he had
Hach over to show that he was getting no results when he tested what the
digestall
produced, and to prove that there was indeed some silver in the colloid, he
ran it without
digestion, and lo and behold he got results consistant with the test
results other labs had
given.

So he is not digesting before testing.  I plan on trying it today myself.

He spoke a good deal on the Free Mexican Clinic that he is helping fund.
 He indicated that
about 75% of the patients get CS and many get only CS at that clinic.  He
asked if I had
anything I could donate to the Clinic.  I think what he is doing is great.

We spoke a little about the FDA.  He dislikes the FDA as much as I do, but
said that he
thinks that the latest ruling is correct and is happy to see it.  I don't
agree, I see it
as just one step in a series to deprive Americans of economical, healthy
and risk free
medical alternatives to expensive, non-working and deadly procedures.

Marshall

James Osbourne, Holmes wrote:

> Please relay the results of your conversation with Bruce.  I try to call
him sparingly.

> James Osbourne Holmes
> a...@trail.com

Hach in
> the first place and at the time was using digestion. The method he used
> required sulfuric acid, and produces silver sulfate which is almost
insoluable,
> so I went back to Hack and they gave me a procedure that uses Nitric Acid
only.

> I am calling Bruce now to see if he has changed his procedure.
>
> Marshall
>
> James Osbourne, Holmes wrote:
>
> > If I may interject....
> >
> > Using the Hach silver chemistry, Bruce found that the digestion
process,
> > which involves all sorts of nasty stuff, produced erratic results with
CS.
> >  This was verified by a Hach tech rep. present at Bruce's lab.
> >
> > They decided that the process works reliably without the digestion.
 That
> > is the method which I use to measure mg/L-PPM.  I think it is also the
> > method used by Bob Berger.   Bob, Bruce, and myself have very close
results
> > with the same samples.
> >
> > If someone is doing the Hach test with digestion, can I send you a
sample
> > to see how well they correlate.  I will reciprocate with your sample if
you
> > like.
> >
> > I have yet to get an ISE [R&D funding limitations].   I think the
"charge
> > per cluster" theory is probably correct.  Has anyone ever discussed
this in
> > detail with an ISE manufacturer?
> >
> > James Osbourne Holmes
> > a...@trail.com