I remembered reading about Manuka honey and Cataracts.
Quickly looked and found some information. I am sure there
is much more and maybe better but just to get you started exploring
what may help here are a couple of links.
http://www.ammas.com/ar/home.cfm?r=va&qid=141979&bid=0&topicid=1058

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBjcK1U4flI  They do sting a bit. The ones I
made I mixed 2:1 with distilled water.
I used them for an eye infection and they worked really well for that. I
also used them on my dog post eye surgery
and had good success with a budding infection in her eye. The honey I used
had a UMF of 12.
(Unique Manuka Factor, they don't know exactly what it is in the honey
besides the Peroxide effects thus the UMF, how they measure
for this I don't know!).

Wishing you the best in your search. Do let us know what you try and how it
works out. : )

http://www.indiadivine.org/showthread.php?t=1016455  This talks about water
filtered through Pascalite.