Why don't you do some research on this.  I think you're full of it...

Not too likely to be low vitamin D in Australia, but if you never go out
side without covering up and your diet is not good, especially if you have
dark skin, maybe.  However, in Minnesota in the winter you are living off
the fat of your land so to speak.  You will not make any vitamin D from
sun.  Consider all the Somali women here with dark skin and everything but
their face covered up.  They are going to be vitamin D deficient if they
don't eat food that provides a sufficient quantity.  Even light skinned
people used to have to get dosed with cod liver oil for vitamins A and D.
Certain diseases increase in proportion to your distance from the equator.
There is a lot of thought that this is resulting from vitamin D deficiency.