A Faraday calculation of volume/current/time provides the answer.

The 'puppy has controlled current (about 1 mA at the electrodes) so a Faraday calculation using current, volume and time can provide an answer.

In a pint each EXTRA hour adds about 8ppm. In a quart its about 4 ppm per hour.

But note that the water has to be conductive. (i.e. if you are using distilled water you have to have already run the 'puppy in auto mode).

In a pint, 42,000 ppm would take about 5250 hours.

David