Hi  Silver Listers,

                        Ted wrote:
                                          < Airlines use H2O2 to disinfect their
water tanks,...>

              An American company nearly lost its licence because a staff member
tried
to send me a 1 Litre bottle of 35% Food Grade Hydrogen Peroxide by air for
research.
Thanks god the Air Transport and the Customs authorities overlooked this
classified offence. Buy but please do not request for delivery by air.It is not
only
highly corrosive but also explosive.

                          Fred wrote:
                                               < ..I must extend a greater
caution
about using 35%
'Food' Grade- IT IS EXTREMELY DANGEROUS! The bottle I bought had a
slight leak on the way home and when I removed it from the protective plastic
bag
the label crumbled in my hand,.....my hands started stinging/burning and turning
white!>
                The human system produces Catalase and Superoxide Dismutase
[SOD] for
the catalysis of Hydrogen Peroxide and Superoxides generated in the body. It
has been
observed that there is about a 1% of the human population born with
a congenital deficiency of the catalytic enzyme, Catalase. Those who take
Hydrogen
Peroxide orally, should bear this genetic idiosyncrasy in mind. Be mindful
of the dilution and the dosage. The consequences of " oxygen bubbles form under
the skin,causing the burning sensation " are dreadful.

                 In the same vein, I recall a Rife-list posting. [ On Tue,2 Nov
1999
]

                  Char Boehm wrote:
                                                   < .......that hydrogen
peroxide
and O2 radicals
secreted by some mycoplasmas can damage surrounding tissues.>

                  I share your anxiety over such possibilities. The human system
deals in
such a situation by mobilizing its enzyme.catalase,to catalyze H2O2 to harmless
water and oxygen. Its botanical equivalence is peroxidase. The danger
materializes
only when there is a congenital absence of the enzyme,catalase.  Please refer to
these URLs if you care for more information on the subject under discussion.

   Http://medic.med.uth.tmc.edu/path/catalase.htm
   Http://www.acccessexcellence.org/21st/TE/PW/EXP/ENZ/enz-fwd.html

                          <  And are there certain metabolic situations in which
these
molecules become radicals, and therefore harmful instead of beneficial? >

                           For that matter,metabolically, combustion of glucose
produces
free radicals besides energy for bodily activities. But these are quickly mopped
up by the free radical scavengers [ antioxidants ]  in the body,namely,
Viatamin C,
E and Selenium. It might be a consolation for you to know that the body
sometimes
needs the free radicals to activate physio-chemical processes. The first cry of
baby
when his or her umbilical cord is clamped or ligated at birth, is initiated by
the
generation of  these so called undesirablefree radicals.

   With regards.
          Lew