I'd like to start by wishing everyone a very Happy and Health New Year.
Unfortunately the new  year has not started well for one of our family (Julie).
Approximately a week before Christmas she accidentally damaged here eye when
she caught it with her fingernail - causing a cut to the surface. This cut has
become infected so antibiotics were given with not results.

Today we received this message from her husband.

Julie is still in hospital for her eye infection.  At this point it seems it is
an amoeba known as Acanthamoeba, as it has not responding to normal antibiotic
treatments.

They have started her on a new treatment today (unfortunately due to everything
being closed during the holidays the doctors suspected what she had but were
unable to get the proper drugs to treat it until today as they had to be
shipped via medical courier from Auckland. The the ophthalmologist said it is
likely going to be a long road to recovery. At this point I don’t know when she
will be home but most likely not until next week given there hasn’t been any
real improvement in her condition so far.

Most likely she will be in hospital for another few nights at least and then
hopefully home for a slow recovery that could take some weeks.  That’s best
case though.  The worst bit is the amount of pain she has been in particularly
at night.  The amoeba attacks the eye in such a way that morphine based pain
relief doesn’t work particularly well, so she hasn’t had much relief.

My question to the group is - does anyone know if CS would help again this
amoeba? Although we've used CS for twenty plus years for all sorts of
complaints I don't know for certain if we've ever tackled anything like this.

Any help/suggestion much appreciated.

Best wishes,  Roger B