Hi Roger,
So sorry to hear! This sounds pretty scary. I don't know much about amoebic
infections.
I do know that CS seems to be a strong killer of bacteria, fungi, and virii.
I've had uveitis that didn't respond well to the ophthalmologists medications
years ago, but the next time I had it, I dared put a couple drops of DMSO into
my eye-dropper bottle full of CS, cringing that I might be harming myself, even
though people in groups had said they'd come to no harm. My redness, terrible
eye-pain, everything, stopped within 3 days and when my ophthalmologist
examined me with the slit lamp he was impressed and said I had his blessing to
use my concoction if ever uveitis occurred again. As a Lymie, I know that's a
possibility so am glad to have his approval.
This is my own experience, not a recommendation, as I'm not qualified in any
way but personal guinea-piggery.

Two years ago, after my iridotomies and subsequent cataract surgeries, they
gave me Durezol drops to help heal the wounds, so you might want to ask about
that. But all docs involved now respect my use of CS and a minute amount of
DMSO to carry it to where it can be most effective.

Best of luck! Please let us know how it's going.
Be well,
Léna