"The reasons why CS can cross the gut lining, and ions cannot cross the
gut lining"
 The statement is false.
Why? Because they are no longer IONs once they INSTANTLY react with the HCL
in the stomach.
"Ions" absorb just fine, even through the skin. [Takes a while, but they
do... ELIMINATING serious blood poisoning from wounds over night...seen it
happen with mine own eyes, twice. ]