Thanks for your wonderfully helpful posts, Bob.  I wade through all the
off-topic posts looking for your post and others who are doing some hard
research on this topic.

By the way can you and/or other experts  develop some sort of standard for
visually determining the size of colloids or strength of solution?  I know
there are quite a few variables.  I stick with clear solution registering a
strong TE.  Make sense?

I'm still wondering about using plastic.  Sure, the silver will move around
in the DW for years potentially, but won't they lose their effectiveness if
they gain electrons?  Can plastic gain/loose electrons (be affected by
static electricity)?  Isn't glass a better insulator preventing capactive or
actual transfer of electrons from outside to silver ions?

Cheers,

Steve Geigle
sgei...@home.com