From: "Judith Thamm" <galing...@chariot.net.au>

> No as cooking does not kill all the viruses and bacteria carried on
> chicken - even when it is thoroughly cooked.  Often there is faecal
> contamination, gut contamination and human contamination.  Chicken is
> too often a CS emergency dosage not to bathe first rather than dose
> later.
> Judith.

True, there are some endospores that are heat resistant, but then CS is
unlikely to affect them. Some bacterial toxins are heat resistant, I'm
not sure that CS will render them safe. If the meat is not cooked
through then CS is probably not going to be effective either as it will
not penetrate into the body of the meat.

It could be that some people might develop a false sense of security in
soaking meat in CS. If the meat is not safe to eat after cooking only,
then it is probably not safe to eat after a CS soak and cooking.

However there is a place for CS in preserving cooked and uncooked food.

Ivan.