I saw the documentary on the mission to Mir station last Fri night
that involved the addition of one US astronaut in the three man crew.
That was when the 'fire' occurred that the Russians reported as a gas
bottle leak with no flames or smoke.  The US astronaut stated that
there were no windows to throw open and let the smoke out or fresh air
in and they could not enter the escape module.  The US astro's were
sent up quite unaware of the dangerously deteriorated condition of
MIR.

Constant breakdowns of vital systems - air , electricity, water - put
me off wanting to go into space ever!  It was horribly real.
Judith.

> Arnold Beland wrote:
>
> > I would not call Wayne Green "interesting" so much as demented.
He firmly