I put the meat in the CS/water first, turn on the oven or the gas
under a pan and , pat the meat dry then put the meat straight in.  How
long did that take?  A minute at most.  I'm usually hurrying to create
a smell that might indicate a meal has been started - [Here's a hint:
a tiny piece of onion in a heating oiled pan gives you lots of time to
get started on a meal - the onion creates a deceptive aroma....husband
psychology! ;)]
Judith.

silver-digest-requ...@eskimo.com