Carol Webb writes

>Dear Marshall,
>I think I should take you on a shopping trip in
>England. I want to cry..If only you knew!!!
>It took me about 3 weeks to source the silver,
>another trek to get a meter, and the worse
>component was 'water'. We had to accept some
>past its sell by date from Boots which is our
>biggest pharmacy. We may be fortunate and
>find that Tandy, which has limited radio Shack
>components has one. We don't have a RS in
>Wolverhampton where I am, perhaps there is
>one in London. No, I'm afraid it will be another
>search.

Hi Carol,

To overcome the DW (distilled water) problem I decided to make my own.
Try the Fresh Water Filter Company in London. Tel: 0208 597 3223;
http://www.freshwaterfilter.demon.co.uk; m...@freshwaterfilter.co.uk.
They do a distiller (NOT cheap) and also an in line filter (again not
cheap).  I HAD to use the latter at my previous address in Somerset.

I have no connection with the company, just a very satisfied customer.

>I know someone living in the wilds of California,
>with access to a town of 5,000 people who can
>shop better than we can.

I got my daughter in Florida to get me a laser pointer stateside.  This
was only a few dollars compared to the expensive items I sourced over
here at the time.  Believe the company in the States was Harbour
Freight.  Can't remember their details but am sure someone on list will
hop in with the relevant details.

Be well, be happy

Ron
--