I am on a "penny pincher" newsletter, and last week's topic was flu shots and
the moderator asked for feed back; see below, she actually put this on the
list, I couldn't believe it.  Remember this isn't a wholistic list; a
financial one.  The far reaching impact of this one post could be tremendous.

I feel like "we" won.

Jeannine

             <*> Is it worth getting a flu shot? <*>

Editor's Note: This has been a VERY controversial subject! Please
remember that these are just OPINIONS- based on the experience of
our readers, and NOT MEDICAL ADVICE!  If anyone wants to add
anything...PLEASE post it on the frugal living message board at
Yahoo so we can move on next week.
http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/frugalliving

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Every individual has to make their own decision about the flu
shot. Personally, I have never had one and after last winter's
scare NEVER will have one. Allow me to explain.

My husband spent 20 years in the Army and always had to have one
and never thought too much about it. Last winter, he received one
in his new post-retirement job. Just a few short weeks later, he
was diagnosed with a rare neurological disorder called Chronic
Immune Demyelinating Polyradiculoneuropathy (CIDP). It is a kind
of peripheral Muscular Sclerosis, (which is central nervous
system). Neurologists still don't know for certain what causes
this, but there is a suspicion it can be caused by the flu shot
possibly reacting with a dormant virus in your body. It is rare,
but many of the sufferers have developed this crippling disease
after receiving the shot. My husband is thankfully in remission
now and may or may not have another flare-up. All we do know is
no one in our family will ever have one again.~Jayne Nagy~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
When you asked for feedback about flu shots, I just had to
respond. I'm a fan of natural prevention, but the deciding factor
for me was a news story last winter. It seems that Ontario was
hit particularly hard with the flu after Christmas and there were
a lot of health care workers (including doctors) getting sick and
unable to work, leaving the hospitals shorthanded.

Many of them were refusing to get flu shots and taking their
chances with the bug - doctors included.

What was so glaringly obvious to me was that if these shots are
supposed to be so safe, why are the health care professionals who
are responsible for administering them refusing to take them
themselves? Just a little food for thought.  ~Vicki Haddon~

Yes, I have a serious feedback on flu vaccines... they cause
autism, they cause MS, they cause a lot of things. Vaccines cause
more illnesses than they prevent.  Most are contaminated and our
government knows this.  Here are some websites to check out:
http://www.unc.edu/~aphillip/www/vaccine/dvm1.htm
http://www.hepatitis-central.com/hcv/vaccines/toc.html
~Jeannine~