>I am opposed to taking flu shots.  I haven't had the flu more than twice in
>50 years.  I took the shot one year because I was traveling east in winter
>weather, and I got sick anyway.
>    Last year I got the pneumonia vaccine.  Then I sat under a ceiling fan on
>Christmas Day and got chilled (everyone else was overdressed and burning up)
>and overnight developed bronchitis which lasted for a month.  Zithrimax
>didn't touch it.  Don't know if the pneumonia shot hurt me, but I doubt that
>it helped.  But who knows?  Maybe without it I would have died.
>    Has anyone had any experience with the pneumonia vaccine.  Any
>suggestions for building the immune system before another winter sets in?  M2B

Hi M2B;

Yes, I have had it twice. The first time they said I could only have it
once in my life and that it would be good for 10 years. 12 years later my
doctor said 2nd shots were OK so I went for it. No side effects either time.

The "pneumonia vaccine" was mandatory for me as I lost my spleen  at 15
years old. If I get pneumonia, I die, that simple. The odds are bad for
anyone over 60 as I reall. Something like 90% fatal.

Phil Sr.