mama2b...@aol.com wrote:

> Any suggestions for building the immune system before another winter sets in?

May it just the first of many winters yet to come for you.
Here are the protocols at my home:

1) At the first frost or a bit later, everyone in the family gets their own
bottle
of echinacea tincture. The whole 2 oz. (use this for dosage 2 ounces per 150
pounds of body weight) is consumed over a day (if you are preggers, as my wife
currently is, then over a week). This is alot of echinacea. But it will be a
boost
and one for a season.

2) At the first sign of a cold, flu, etc, put hydrogen peroxide 3% drops in the
ears. We will also do this as a prophylaxis when the season begins as above as
it
is harmless and cleans the ear. The same goes for muttly--no one is brave enough
to do the cat.

3) We conduct a Fall house cleaning (as in a Spring clean)--we're looking for
the
decadence where molds and other pestilences dwell).

4) We just carry on normally with our diet. We eat mostly raw foods, organic and
as locally produced and in season as possible. We'll continue this as much as
possible and are generally pass the winter with ease with this regiment. We have
wheatgrass and we sprout nuts and seeds. And sea veggies are at every meal. Diet
is the most important part of being well.

We have not laid anything down nor canned or preserved any veggies and fruits
for
winter but we will next season and will with what is left of the year. This
seems
a good idea with a lesser variety of organic produce in the winter. We have
always
done alright eating with the seasons, but I am thinking more fruits. Fortunately
cirtrus comes in season later in the winter; unfortunately, citrus is not a
local
food for us.

5) A liver cleanse. I do this; my wife and M-i-L don't.

In 1983, I made a cold/flu remedy that worked real well for me. Equal parts of
echinacea, goldenseal, cayenne, and ginger. Take about a 1/4 teaspoon of this
with
a 1/2 crushed clove of garlic every 1-2 hours. It relieved symptoms in 24 hours.
However, this is hard to take.

Disease has a huge mental and spiritual aspect. Keep good spirits and seek the
light, the humour, and the joy of life.