Apparently yes.
Several websites have reported that pete imparts a slightly sweet
fruity taste to water which is less objectionable than hdpe.
Something leaches.
Don't mind me, warm drinks in styrofoam cups make me burp the taste
of styrofoam.

Remember when:
        a little lead wouldn't hurt your kids brain?
        a little chlorine didn't cause cancer?
        a little ddt was't toxic to your immune system?
        a little asbestos didn't harm your lungs?
        a little phthalate didn't cause endocrine didruption?
                wonder what they all "don't do" when taken together?