Terry et al:

A possible explanation for the occurence of athletes foot under these
circumstances can be derived from a principle of natural medicine.  A
phenomenon often called the "exteriorization" of symptoms/illness is quite
often a byproduct of truly natural therapy, which seeks not to suppress a
condition but to release it.  One thing that is often affected is the
acid/basic balance of the body when one undergoes any type of internal
cleansing.  Many people believe that fungal conditions thrive when the body
becomes overly acidic.

In my own experience, I've seen lesions, rashes, immense swelling and severe
( albeit temporary ) flulike symptoms, depending on the initial conditions
being addressed.  Thankfully, these exteriorizations usually depart, never
to return, upon successful treatment of the initial problem ( when they were
never present to begin with ).

For atheletes foot and other skin conditions of fungal origin, and for skin
that for one reason or another becomes dry but not oily, I developed the
following formula ingredients:

I use biotone cream as a cream base, and dilute it about 100% - 300%
 sometimes more and sometimes less, depending on skin condition ) with
colloidal silver ( I run long batches for external use to increase the
amount of actual silver particle content ).  I add various pure essential
oils to the blend depending on the use.  For athletes foot, I certainly
include eucalyptus, and I use myrrh and frankincense in all blends.  Tee
trea essential oil is a fantastic addition, although both tee trea oil and
eucalyptus oil can really only be used in extreme moderation for any part of
the body BUT the feet.  The idea is to create a cream that is extremely
dilute and that doesn't sit on top of the skin.  In order for a blend to be
successful in my book, one applies the cream, waits about three minutes, and
washes the hands in hot water.  No cream should be sitting on the skin, and
yet the soft fragrance of the essential oils should still be evident.

Unfortunately, the cream works so well on severe athletes foot - providing
extremely rapid relief - that I haven't been able to get anyone to keep
applying it long enough to see if it would eradicate the condition
completely.  I don't believe per se that athletes foot can be CURED via
external means alone, since I believe it is symptomatic of conditions in the
body which must be remedied.