----- Original Message -----
From: Dean T. Miller <dtmil...@midiowa.net>
To: <silver-list@eskimo.com>
Sent: Friday, September 14, 2001 10:00 PM
Subject: Re: CS>Athletes foot

> On Thu, 13 Sep 2001 23:49:22 -0600, "A.V.R.A."
> <colloidalsilverd...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >I use biotone cream as a cream base, and dilute it about 100% - 300%
> > sometimes more and sometimes less, depending on skin condition ) with
> >colloidal silver ( I run long batches for external use to increase the
> >amount of actual silver particle content ).  I add various pure essential
> >oils to the blend depending on the use.
>
> I've looked for Biotone cream around here (central Iowa) and can't
> seem to find any.
> Do you have any suggestions about where I might get some?
>
> -- Dean -- from (almost) Des Moines -- KB0ZDF

Hi Folks.
My companion used to use Biotone for massage until I pointed out that it
contains Oleth 3. According to Judi Vance, author of BEAUTY TO DIE FOR, this
ingredient is a glycol. Glycols are used to emulsify ingredients in
cosmetics and body care creams and lotions. Unfortunately, as a group
glycols are not optimal to use, since they can be carcinogenic and/or toxic
in other ways and cause adverse reactions.

Biotone happens to be one of the better brands of skin creams available.
Massage practitioners like it because it absorbs so well into the skin.
Oleth 3 is the eighth out of ten ingredients that comprise Biotone. One of
the chief ingredients is listed as "Canadian canola oil," and is probably
genetically engineered--although due to the several phases that rapeseed (or
Canola, short for "Canadian oil") has gone through, it is hard to say for a
fact that the specific oil in Biotone is genetically engineered.

I like to use simple products. One substance that absorbs well into the skin
is Jojoba, which is squeezed from the seed of the Jojoba plant. Technically
it's not an oil, which makes it non-staining. And since it is close in
composition to the human secretion sebum, this makes it compatible with and
healing to the human skin. Jojoba is expensive, but a little goes a long
way.

Just thought you'd like to know.

It's good to be back online. Except for one brief period when I could get
online, my email service has been out for a few days, since the wires my
company uses were in the World Trade Tower. (I live less than 2 hours from
Manhattan.)

Peace to you all.
Nina Silver