  From: K E Nolan [mailto:ken...@optusnet.com.au]
  Sent: Friday, September 28, 2001 8:28 AM
  To: silver-list@eskimo.com
  Subject: CS>Ions vs Particles

  As a newcomer to the less-than-simple CS scene, I have been intrigued over
the recent debating involving Messrs Quinto, Key, and Anderson - ions or
particles - which are best in vivo? Perhaps there is another aspect that
might alter the equation (including the solubility product equations Roger
Altman has laid out for all). Just came across one web site promoting "ionic
silver"

   http://www.feel21.com/cgi-bin/feel21/11221.html

  that claims the real key to long lived silver ions in the body is
complexing, in their case with citrate (plus potassium; ie potassium
citrate?). Perhaps that might equally effect "biodelivery" for particles as
well. Any knowledgeable folks with an opinion?

  sincerely, Kevin Nolan