In a message dated 9/28/2001 10:38:42 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
panama...@email.msn.com writes:

> Subj:Re: CS>Rising to the Challenge?
> Date:9/28/2001 10:38:42 AM Eastern Daylight Time
> From:    panama...@email.msn.com (panamabob)
> To:    silver-list@eskimo.com
>

> Sometimes we wonder why allopathic Dr.s won't use CS or coconut oil or the
> multitude of seemingly successful procedures that are out there. "Are they
> real Dr's looking to heal?" we may ask, and rightly so, especially if it is
> OUR quality of  life on the line or even our very existence.
>
> But we must look in all fairness at the structure we have created for them
> to deal in. Applying anything not approved by AMA or FDA opens them to
> litigation and possible criminal liabilities. What is the risk reward
> factor here?  Someone possibly gets better quicker than normal using
> coconut oil or CS, etc. Can they charge MORE for this benefit? No. Will
> they receive laurels from their esteemed colleagues? No.  Can they lose
> their license if by some freak accident the patient gets worse (perhaps not
> even related to the original treatment)  YES . Can they loose their
> property, savings, income and more? Yes. Can they possibly be held
> criminally responsible if the patient dies, even if not directly related
> (having a good lawyer prosecuting!) Yes. Have all these things happened in
> real life? YES!
>
> So, why should ANY Dr. put their head in a noose for CS, etc. by going
> against the status quo established? If they want to do experiments they
> would be in research, and follow the established procedures to change
> protocols.
>
> We must have understanding and patience for our Dr neighbors in the society
> WE have created (litigeous litigeous litigeous) amd be careful what we ask
> them to do and what professional risk we ask them to undertake.
>
> sounds fair?
>
> bob
> SLF

SLF: Thank you for putting the physicians' problems so succinctly. Surely we
must all share part of the blame for their present predicament. As you imply,
the foundation of this country is based on freedom that is now very much in
jeopardy. Huge sacrifices have been made (and continue to be made -- just
look at the headlines) so that we may have the opportunity to experience
freedom. If we, as individuals, are not willing to remain vigilant, become
politically active, and take an occasional risk for the sake of our personal
liberty then our freedom will continue to erode. Physicians must do their
part along side the rest of us. Roger