The question of whether or not baking soda is acceptable is not clear. Explain to me why baking soda is a "contaminant". That infers it is harmful. I want to know specifics from a bio-physiological perspective, not just generalized comments.

From: j...@natel.net (John A. Stanley)
To: silver-list@eskimo.com
Subject: Re: CS>CS prosystems
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2001 03:21:21 -0600

In article <f33c98bi89qtpftysl100016...@hotmail.com>,
"D G" <rc_gli...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I would like to know why some have posted Dr. Marx's CS makers as inferior
>or substandard. He clearly is knowledgeable about the subject, and if I
>recall has received recognition from one CS society; I don't recall the
>name.
> I find his website quite informative and have spoken with him on occasion >for unrelated subjects. Please be detailed in your critique as generalized
>statements don't sit well with me.

I know nothing of the quality of design, components, and workmanship of
his units, so I can not comment on whether they are "inferior or
substandard".  But, from reading his website I can understand people
having a problem with his advocating the addition of baking soda in the
distilled water. The impression I get from reading the two CS forums is
that the more well-informed view is that nothing should ever be used in
the production of CS other than high quality DW and pure silver.

Personally, I would never recommend anyone buy a CS generator that is
designed and calibrated for use with a conductive contaminant. I don't
know if Dr. Marx's units will work without baking soda, but the simple
fact that he advocates the use of it would be enough for me to steer a
potential buyer to a different unit.

--
John A. Stanley                           j...@natel.net