----- Original Message -----
From: Kevin Nolan <ken...@optusnet.com.au>
To: <silver-list@eskimo.com>
Sent: Tuesday, December 04, 2001 7:19 PM
Subject: CS>Coral Calcium

>> Nina Silver wrote:
>> "Your idea about drinking a tea made from a diaphoretic herb is a great
idea.
>>  Ginger with cinnamon is one of my favorites, and can usually induce a
good
>>  sweat in me. So can, by the way, alkaline water or coral calcium water."

>                             You say that coral calcium can induce
sweating,
> Nina. I have only sampled the stuff once, at a friends invitation. The
water
> tasted "sweet" relative to the tap water it was made from. However I have
> always considered it a "take" - why pay big bucks for what is essentially
> just chalk - calcium carbonate. Have never noticed any sweating from
taking
> calcium supplements, so is the pH responsible?

Yes, Kevin, I believe that the pH IS responsible. About a century ago, at
his sanitarium in Battle Creek, Dr. Kellogg taught that one of the main
purposes of sweating was to alkalize the system.

Once when I was in a Native American sweat lodge, after a while I felt very
clean, as though I had drunk a whole lot of coral calcium. Conversely, when
I drink an unusually large amount of coral calcium, I feel much cleaner--and
sweat profusely.

This to me points to the many ways in which one can increase one's
alkalinity. When we sweat, since the toxins are for the most part acidic,
this means that the body is restored to a more desirable alkaline state.

I find it interesting that the matter of body alkalization can be approached
from either end.

Regards,
Nina