----- Original Message -----
From: Ode Coyote <coy...@alltel.net>
To: <silver-list@eskimo.com>
Sent: Thursday, December 06, 2001 6:16 AM
Subject: Re: CS>***Re: Infrared saunas

>   I would be cautious with ozone [O3]  It is highly corrosive, will eat
the
> tires right off your car, has high atmospheric level warnings in weather
> reports for people with respiratory problems and probably acts as a very
> potent free radical in the body...the sort of thing that people take
> antioxidents for.
> Ken

Ken,
It is absolutely not true that O3 acts as a free radical in the body. The
only true statement is that O3 will corrode certain materials with time.

As I said in a previous post, there is lots of misinformation about
ozone--primarily based on experiments done almost 70 years ago with ozone
COMPOUNDS. These compounds are what is at the ground level, and which the
weather people make such a fuss about. Most writers--even those who praise
ozone therapy--make the mistake of confusing the effects of PURE ozone with
the effects of CONTAMINATED ozone, or ozone COMPOUNDS (one of which contains
nitrogen). *Pure ozone is not toxic.* At high levels it will irritate the
respiratory tract, in which case one should simply stop breathing it. But
this is a lot different from your implication of a more generalized,
inherent ozone toxicity.

Parenthetically, many ozone generators do not emit pure ozone, which is why
some people have a problem with them. A friend loaned me an "ozone" air
purification unit and even at a low setting I could not tolerate it because
it was so foul. This is not pure ozone. Ozone mixed with other gases is not
ozone.

There is a wonderful article by Clark E. Thorp, called "The Toxicity of
Ozone: A Report and Bibliography" that originally appeared in Industrial
Medicine and Surgery, 19:2, 45-57, February, 1950. He does an extensive
review of the literature and goes into great detail about how and why the
misconceptions about ozone took place. In fact, one researcher realized that
a report he'd made about ozone was really about NITROGEN compounds; and then
went back and redid the entire study.

Ozone is unstable. When in the body, it breaks down into OXYGEN. This makes
it so useful for fighting infections.

I go into this in much greater detail in my upcoming *Handbook of Rife
Frequency Healing.* There is a 10-page section in my book on oxygen
therapies, for which I consulted some experts in the field.

Regards,
Nina Silver, Ph.D.

Author, *The Handbook of Rife Frequency Healing*
Order the book on my website http://www.heart-of-healing.com