Ken,
This is all very interesting, a new twist I haven't seen here before.
So an indication of a majority of particles of small size is to be found
where there is pale yellow with good TE.  If this is a large majority I
would imagine there would be an argument to suggest that this CS is no
less beneficial than the 10ppm CS.  In this scenario the fine particles
would be penetrating where the large particles could not go, but the
large particles would be beneficial at the outer surfaces, which also
need CS.
Reid

Ode Coyote wrote:
  Can you get any color CS without a TE?  I haven't found it yet.
I believe that having a color requires a particle and a particles are
what
makes a TE visible.
 If the TE is weak and the color is ,say, pale yellow... That would
indicate to me that the majority of the particles are fairly largish.
But
getting a pale yellow with a strong TE would indicate that the minority
of
particles are that of the yellow color producing size and the majority
are
of the smaller colorless variety.

 Something i noticed the other day..
A gallon of 25 +/- PPM crystal clear CS that's returned to the milk jug
the
distilled water came out of is significantly darker than an identical
jug
of distilled water.
...some sort of refraction effect i suppose.
Humm, I wonder if my 300PPM tap water does the same?
Ken