  From: James Allison
  To: silver-list@eskimo.com
  Sent: Monday, December 24, 2001 12:32 PM
  Subject: Re: CS>Measuring CS strength

  Hi Trem!  Hanna told me to take the PWT reading and divide it in half for a
"fairly" accurate reading of PPM.  When doing so, at least for me, this almost
always equals the reading of the TDS1 meter.  I'm talking LVDC CS, and I have
no idea how it would equate out to non-ionic.  I personally like the TDS1 as
there's no conversion factor, and it reads up to 999 PPM, and it's also good
for testing when I need to change my filters on my water purification unit ;)

  Please let me know if you've got different info than I do, thanks!

  -James