S & J Young wrote:

> I can't let this go by without commenting.  In my view, the best time to
> make CS is anytime you need some more.  I challange anyone to demonstrate
> how the position of the moon in relation to the Earth can possibly make any
> difference to the production of CS.  It would be helpful if those posting
> such stuff do a little research to determine if there is any scientific
> basis for what is claimed, or if it is just some sort of wierd marketing
> scheme or someone with an uncontrolled imagination adding a bit of mystery
> and awe for some reason.

See www.borderlands.com/archives/arch/lunar.htm

The hypothesis was tested with the scientific method and found to be
supported.  So there is a basis for the claim.  I am not sure what you mean by
"demonstrate how", since the above site demonstrates how to test it, but not
how it is supported in theory.  Most scientists seem to have lost the
realization that experiment trumps theory, since now I see endless arguments
that something cannot be true even though experimentally proven, simply because
theory can not explain it.  That is backwards, first the hypothesis
experiments, then the confirmation experiments, then the theory..

However although there does seem to be evidence that the moon does have an
effect if we can believe that these experiments were really run, and resulted
in these reported results, additional testing needs to be done to confirm it.

First it needs to be duplicated by others, and it needs to be done with double
blind testing.  It really needs to be done again by someone who doesn't believe
in the phenomena, since it is just as likely that the expectations of the
experimenter caused the difference as the planets.

Marshall