I don't know if this was sent properly, so apologies if you get it twice.

Loggers in Europe used to transport their logs to the mills in flumes. Some
of the logs were too heavy (dense?) to float sufficiently well for this
method, but the old-timers would wait for a particular phase of the moon
(can't recall which one at the moment) and the logs would then float high
enough in the water for this to work. (ref: Living Energies by Callum Coats)

Now if the moon phase can influence such an observeable phenomenom as
floatation of logs, I don't think it too much of a stretch to consider its
influence on the formation of colloids, whose stability is dependant on the
ability of the water to support the particles.

Regards,

Mike Fuller