Hi Marshalee, Barnbert, Tracy, James et al,

First Tracy, I suspect Homozon is magnesium oxide, just check the label.

James, I get my mag ox from a laboratory supply company, here in Western
Australia. If you are in the USA you should find it easily enough. I am
aware of two versions, light and not-so-light. The light, which is cheaper,
doesn't release quite as much oxygen but both do a similar cleansing job.
Get USP grade or equivalent.

Maeshalee and Baernbert, it is relatively easy to clean parts of the colon,
it is another matter concerning the caecum (known as the cesspool of the GI
tract) and the small intestine. Consider the lining of the small intestines
as being like a shag-pile carpet. Whenever some substance causes a problem
in this area, such as incomplete digestion due to poor food combining, the
system treats the substance as foreign and produces mucous as a protective
mechanism. This mucous/food remains in the area, ready to be eliminated when
the system gets an opportune moment. Unfortunately, with our poor dietary
habits of constant and excessive eating, and improper food combining, we
simply don't give our system a chance to do this basic clearing. These
insults on the intestinal lining simply pile on top of each other with the
consequence of impacting the 'muck' deeper into the 'carpet'. They harden
over time and prove to be a real barrier to nutrient assimilation.

Magnesium oxide acts a little like the foaming cleansers you spray onto a
carpet, which act by lifting some of the dirt to the surface, making it
easier to remove. It takes some time for the mag ox to gradually break up
your impacted 'muck' which is why there is a lengthy protocol. In addition
it would be beneficial to lessen the burdon on your intestines by practicing
good food combining, eating less, and occasional fasting (know what you're
doing before trying the fasting!). Heaps of water is also essential.

Everyone I know who has completed the mag ox protocol has had good, and
sometimes amazing, results. If you remain unconvinced, but still curious,
look at the Bernard Jensen book, 'Iridology: Vol 2'. The pictures may just
change your mind.

Regards,

Mike Fuller