Sorry to be so ignorant, I am definitely not good at chemistry, but my
question re: saline and the concern about sodium chloride, it is only if used
when making the cs, or does it also apply when mixing together such as in a
nasal spray? Also, my first quart batch of cs I stored in amber bottles, the
color was almost clear. The second batch I put in one of the distilled water
bottles which was opaque, and the color was clearish until the next day when
I had it in my truck for a couple of hours and it got kind of warm, but not
hot. It changed to a grey color. Was that because of the container being too
light, or the warmer temp. or a combination of both, and would it still be
okay to use or should it be discarded? Third batch, I put some in a clear
glass, and added a little bit of salt for the chloride test, and the cs
stayed almost the same, just a tiny bit cloudy. What does that indicate? Next
question, I am planning to purchase a ppm tester, do the less expensive ones
work okay? (the 25.00 price range). Please forgive my ignorance, I want to
use cs for life, and want to do it right!

Laura H.