Hi Alison,

Yes, a laser pointer is the same as a laser light pen, at least for the
purposes of viewing TE. Dick Smith Electronics does sell these but their
prices are way too high. Try Jaycar Electronics (Auckland, but they deliver)
on 09 377 6421, or see their Oz web site www.jaycar.com.au

Regards,

Mike Fuller