This mirrors my experience. Apparently CC forms colloidal particles more readily and they grow large enough to fall out of suspension. After hours and hours, I got 3PPM, little if any TE and a bunch of stuff on the bottom of the container. The meters do not measure colloidal content in suspension...only ionic content in solution, so, apparently the saturation point of copper in water is somewhere around 3PPM and small particle colloids are not the norm.
Ken