Maxine,

Have you ever tried seeing a Homeopathic Doctor?  Homeopathy is often very
effective for chronic complaints without the toxic side effects of conventional
drugs.  If Homeopathy sounds appealing to you their is a searchable list of
members on the website of the National Center for Homeopathy at
http://homeopathic.org/find.htm

Best of luck,

Chip Hoyle