I got this on another list, dealing with pets.  I would like to hear any
comments that might agree or disagree with her thinking.
Nancy...

It seems some of you are dosing your healthy animals (and yourselves?)
daily with colloidal silver.  In the holistic way of thinking it does not
make sense (IMO) to give anything daily as a potential preventative to
infections.  I asked a knowledgeable holistic healer friend what she
thought and got the following response:

"It seems to me that a regular daily dose of CS would result in silver
toxicity at some point---My brother-in-law is doing this, and my sister
asked me the same question....Isn't that also a parallel to taking
antibiotics just in case your system can't handle a bacteria you might come
across? Immune enhancers, maybe, but why CS?"

Nutrients that support our biological systems make sense, I'm not sure
daily colloidal silver comes into that category.  Also you risk (IMO) the
body becoming tolerant to the CS, thereby reducing its effectiveness when
its really needed???  If we look at constitutional homeopathy, you use a
substance when the body is needing it, not every day in *case* you need it
(which would set you up for the condition you are trying to avoid).

So these are just some of my thoughts.  You are probably *doing no harm*,
but why use it unnecessarily in healthy bodies?
      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor