On Mon, 26 Aug 2002 01:53:37 -0500, "Barbara Liles" <ba...@netease.net> wrote:

>When I first started making mine, I was told that my spring water would work
>and didn't need the distilled water.  I know it worked to some extent, but
>the more I read on the list, the more I realize that the minerals in natural
>spring water must have an effect on my finished product so I switched to
>distilled.
>
>The spring water produced a cloudy brew whereas the distilled water made it
>clear.

Spring water has minerals in it so it is not a good insulator. If you want to
use it, you MUST remember that your brewing time is only about 3 minutes as
compared to 30 to 45 minutes using distilled water (which is an excellent
insulator).

>Just learning so any information is helpful. I'm still back tracking the
>achieves attempting to not ask questions that you old timers have addressed
>before, but that is a slow process.

Ask your questions.
The archives are an excellent goldmine, but don't limit yourself.
There are no dumb questions...well, maybe there are, but on the whole, we're a
polite group...

                                                                Chuck

Your life would be very empty if you had nothing to regret.